We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The National Privacy Principals (NPP) govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal data.
By continuing to visit and use our website and/or use our products and/or services, you agree to this policy and the way we make use of personal data as set forth herein or amended hereafter.
What is personal data and why do we collect it?
This personal data is obtained in many ways including but not limited to interviews, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our websites including https://rapidmap.global, https://www.iconyx.com/, https://rapidmap.com.au/, https://www.4dglobal.com.au/, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies, and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Personal data use
When we collect personal data, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal data
- Third parties for the purpose of providing improved services, and/or where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal data
When your personal data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data. However, most of the personal data is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
As our clients are mostly Australia-based we generally store client data relating to our service offering within Australia (even in the cloud). In the event that for some reason, client data is transferred to another country, we will take reasonable steps to inform the client prior to, or after the transfer.
Our personal data handling practices align with requirements sets out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection laws where we collect and store personal data of people outside of Australia.
Access to your Personal data
We will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal data.
In order to protect your personal data, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your personal data
Obligations as a SaaS provider
- Customers will be provided with facilities to meet their obligations under law in activities such as accessing, amending, and erasing individuals’ PII.
- The customer must be informed, if required by law, to disclose any of their data, unless the Company is prohibited from doing so.
- Details of disclosures must be recorded.
- The Company must tell customers if a sub-contractor is used to process their PII.
- The Company must tell customers if their PII is subject to unauthorised access.
- It must be clear in which country or countries the customer’s PII’s are stored.
Address: RapidMap, Suite 22 / 2 Enterprise Drive, Bundoora, Victoria, 3083, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9466 5200