5 Things To Know About Direct Georeferencing Using UAV LiDAR System In Survey and Mapping
The importance of LiDAR in survey and mapping has been tremendous especially for applications essentially made for mining, city planning, forest management and much more.
Here are 5 things that you should know about Direct Georeferencing using UAV LiDAR System in survey and mapping:
1. Accurate data can be attained through Direct Georeferencing or the true 3D coordinates and orientation of any angles of any sensor.
2. There are various methods to georeference LiDAR data including ground control points and reference files.
3. Direct Georeferencing allows to accurately and precisely georeference LiDAR point cloud data.
4. There are systems being used in Direct Georeferencing, the GNSS and IMU.
5. The Applanix APX-15 UAV is an OEM solution that is designed to accurately and efficiently map from UAVs.
Read the full article here: Why is Direct Georeferencing Essential for Survey Mapping with UAV LiDAR Systems